?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Tim's Boring Journal Title

because "hyperaxiomatic mega awsome word machine-genesis area" was taken

Name:
tim_dodge
Birthdate:
18 September 1982
External Services:
  • tim_dodge@livejournal.com
  • Sated Bacchus
I'm not introspective by nature, but this is my best shot at a self summary...I'm not introspective by nature, for one. For two I do a fairly good job taking life as it comes at me and staying relaxed, though I try to have it come at me from the front. I don't very much like surprises. My wife and I have been together for ten years and married for two. She and I spend a lot of time with each other and a lot of time at home playing World of Warcraft, planning tattoos we want to get and looking at piercings, tending our container garden, reading or re-reading webcomics or our library of books and comic books, making rpg characters, building/crafting something for our home...but we somehow still manage to go drinking and goth clubbing and meet random awesome people on a pretty regular basis. We, and a lot of our friends, are gamers, comic book geeks, MMORPGers, crafty craft persons of varying degrees of expertise skill and passion. We go camping and take walks on the train tracks, and we pursue our own separate interests as well. I love the history of weapons and armor, the philosophy of sport as an intrinsic part of human culture (though I'm not a fan of contemporary organized sports), critical thinking, ancient Greek and Roman culture and mythology, and physical combat. I've been taking martial arts for 18 years ranging from Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, Vale Tudo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. My favorite right now is the Vale Tudo and Jiu Jitsu, and I train at the BMAA for 3 hours every Saturday. I'm working a job I like, which might give me some skills I'm looking for. I'm a leader, I argue, I'm about 20% asshole according to the general consensus, which is pretty good. The other 80% is gold I tell 'ya.

Statistics